Sunday, December 26, 2010

Book Cover


For this assignment, I was asked to redesign a cover for a book of our choice. My selection was that of an old R.L. Stine book "Aliens at Work" in which a young man stumbles upon a toolbox left by aliens. In tampering with some of the tools inside, a great deal of mysterious and sometimes terrifying things happen to him. The event I chose to illustrate was the instance in which one of the tools begins to give the protagonist a third arm.

This piece was done digitally and generally keyed to burnt umber. I have posted here two different versions of this project. The second shows a few adjustments made to the initial piece. There are elements that I like of each. The colors in the first I feel were stronger, but the second piece improved upon some compositional errors in the first piece. However, in altering the colors for print, I feel it does not look as strong in terms of color on screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment